Light in the Darkness



Epiphany is one of my favorite feasts. It brings back memories of having Epiphany parties on one of my missions and exchanging fun gifts with those who came. I also associate it with light and stars. During these winter days when it gets dark early, I search for light and the brilliance of stars.  I also search for enlightenment as time flies by and wisdom eludes me. We are called to be light for the world, but my bulb grows dim at times. Most days, I'm barely 40 watts. But the magi give me hope. I'll bet the star they followed was sometimes cloud-covered or fog-covered. Yet they persisted through sand storms and dark desert nights. They would not be thwarted in their search for the newborn King.The magi kept their focus on the star which they knew was noteworthy from their study of science. Although there are many jokes about their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh being impractical, the magi had the wisdom to recognize the special star and to follow it. I'm sure when they returned to their own countries, they told the story over and over and brought light to their people. Lord, let me burn with the brilliance of your light within me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog