Inspired by Scholastica

 


Angels Watching

Angels are watching over me

etched in stained glass windows

in our choir chapel.

 

The angel straight across from me

has majestic silver wings

and a long simple staff.

 

When the sun comes through

I am thrilled by the beauty

of the colors shimmering

above the wooden choir stalls,

shining on all the pray-ers.

 

I like having angels around me

ready to protect me from danger,

to lift my spirits when I am sad,

to give me courage when I hesitate.

 

Angels radiate God’s glory

remind me that I am cared for.

They keep me from stumbling

or straying or forgetting

that I have been chosen

to bring that radiance to those

who may need a reminder

that angels are always there--

Do not be afraid.

 

Barbara Mayer

 

  

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog