Dead Battery

 

I can do without technology I tell myself,

plenty of things to do without computers,


Internet, Facebook, electronic games,

like read, pray, walk, converse with friends,

enjoy nature. No need to be glued to a screen.

 

Yet when my battery died on my I-Pad

I felt lost, disconnected from my source

of entertainment, my FB friends, Siri, 

music, on-line books, news, weather.

 

How did I live before this phenomenon

when life was simple, communication

slow, and visiting live people important?

 

I need to touch base with reality again --

not depend on gadgets, but see and talk

to flesh and blood instead of picture images,

observe a smile, giggle, enjoy a joke,

wipe a tear, hold a hand, feel skin.

 

I guess that’s an older person’s point of view

that youths would not understand.  

 

Barbara Mayer, OSB

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog