Life Shapers

Do you often wonder why certain people enter your life and leave an imprint? I remember my high school English teacher, who encouraged my writing. I wrote stories out of the blue and had no idea that they had any value.  She recognized an undeveloped talent that I was not aware of at the time. I eventually became a journalist, thanks to her encouragement.

I also had a religious sister in college, who was very kind and compassionate. When I needed help, she was there to answer my questions. She never made me feel stupid or that my inquiries were not worth her time. I wanted to be a teacher, just like her.

These women were “life shapers” for me, something I only realized in retrospect.  People who have a positive influence on one’s life help us to become who we are meant to be.  Of course, those who have a negative influence could pull us away from our true destination.

Life shapers are important as one is growing up and may not know what direction to go.  These people can be role models or guides to find the way in a confusing world. They are especially vital when we are filled with self-doubt and face obstacles that can deter us from our dreams.

Be thankful for those who helped you find your way to success. Tell them how much you appreciate their guidance and inspiration. They deserve to know the important role they played.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog