I Can't Breathe


Music Industry Reacts to George Floyd Death With 'Blackout Tuesday ...
I can’t scream, I’m cryin’,  I’m gaspin’,
my heart is thumpin’ like it’s on its last beat.
Get your ugly d---- shoe off my neck
I can’t breathe. I’m gonna’  die!

I keep seeing that video of the policeman
stepping on George Floyd’s neck, I  gasp
at the inhumanity of such an action,
as if he were snuffing out a cigarette,
or squashing a bug, showing disgust
and hatred and even pleasure to be
able to crush a black  human being.

God breathed into each of us the breath
of life that enables us to move, to laugh,
to enjoy the beauty of this earth,
to be part of a family, to have a home.

What right does anyone have to take
away that breath, that precious gift
of life,  No! no!  No matter what he did
he deserves to breathe just like you and me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog