Technology Challenges

Technology
Technology is moving way too fast for me. I tried to use Zoom for a meeting recently and it took a computer expert to help me connect. I attempted to use Facetime to talk to a friend and it didn't work without a smart phone which I do not have. Almost everyone I know has an Iphone, and I marvel at all the things they can do with it. They take pictures to show off their grandkids or birthday celebrations; they check the weather, time, temperature, news of the day, etc. They also can record talks to play later., take videos to view later, and other things I don't even know exist..

I do have a few computer skills. I can use an iPad to hook up to apps and get books, videos, and music from the public library.free. I can also play games, view TV programs, take pictures, and access E-mail. And when I don't know something, I can always ask Google. However, saving and organizing programs and recording accounts on the tablet are still foreign to me.

I may be too old to learn some of the high end maneuvers, but I would like to learn a few more things like organizing photos, using Zoom, recording speeches, and accessing my medical portal. Thankfully, I have people around who can help me with some of these things. I've heard that if you can't do something on your smart phone or iPad, ask a six-year-old and she will show you.

While I am grateful for the advances in technology and how much easier it has made life for many people, my brain just has a hard time assimilating it all. I really appreciate E-mail which allows me to keep in touch with family and friends but it would be nice to see their faces too. I hope I can stretch my brain to learn how to use more of these new gadgets and apps eventually. Life is full of challenges -- technology is only one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog