Live in this Moment

                                                                                                                                                                                            “I was regretting the past and fearing the future. Suddenly God was speaking. My name is ‘I am.’ I waited. God continued.
 ‘When you live in the past, with its mistakes and regrets, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not ’I was.’
When you live in the future, with its problems and fears, it is hard. I am not there. My name is not ‘I will be.’
When you live in this moment, it is not hard. I am here. My name is ‘I am.’” -Helen Mellicost

I wonder why so many of us find it elusive to live in the present, the NOW. It’s all we have and it is the only time God is with us, because he is ‘I am.’ Yet we often beat ourselves up about our past failures and regrets, instead of enjoying the present moment with a friend or a good book or a melodious symphony.
Or we get worried about the future, about what will happen if our plane crashes, or how our children will turn out, or what sickness awaits us. All this keeps us from delighting in our children now, our good health, or our relaxing vacation.
God is in the NOW and cares for us each moment of our lives. He wants to give us what we need to be happy and relish the time we have. He does not want us to dwell in the past or be anxious about the future. So grab the roller coaster and enjoy the thrill of NOW!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog