Lifted up with Jesus


3a624ff539a5e56d30ee64d9111ddb85



After having bursitis for three months, I now know what real pain is. In the past I would have a little ache here, a little twinge there, but never consistent, long-term pain. I went to a chiropractor, a massage therapist, an orthopedic doctor, a physical therapist, but nothing helped. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and I became very discouraged. How do other people cope with chronic pain? I began to feel more empathy for those who suffer for years without relief.

Then one day the pain went from a level 8 to about a 6, and I began to have hope. As I continued to do my physical therapy and exercises, I could see improvement. I began to walk a little more easily. I thanked God and all the people who were praying for me. I felt a little more energy and more a part of the human race. The sun shone more brightly and I no longer sat on the "pity pot." Previously, I had taken good health for granted and now I have to work for it. I'm not pain-free yet, but I'm improving day by day. For all you other sufferers, hang in there!

My resurrection experience coincided with Easter so I really felt new life. It was as if I had been lifted up along with Jesus. So my alleluias are ringing out a bit louder this Easter season.  I pray that all who are suffering may be renewed in body and spirit.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog