Noah's Wife




I know you are all busy people, but this is a request for comments on my blog. It is hard to write without knowing my audience and getting some feedback once in a while. If it is difficult to navigate a comment on my blog, I need to know that too. Thanks for any help you can give.


I endured the taunts, the jeers
when my husband hewed the wood
for a gigantic boat. I did not know
why it had to be so huge, that we
would take two of every species,
even snakes and spiders and lions.
I was too busy readying food to last
until the rain stopped. How could I
foresee the stench, the piles of turds,
long desperate days when all seemed lost?
Noah, patient man, tried to keep
the hoards of animals fed and calm
but they preferred open spaces,
not cramped quarters shared with
former enemies. They stomped and
stewed, stymied by their situation.
Forty endless days and nights of
deafening bellows, screeches
mooing, shrieking, cockle-doodling
before the waters ebbed. I clapped
in glee to see downpours end, pale green
shoots appear, no more bedding
with smelly sheep and bristly boars,
able to feel cool breezes and drink
in rays of sun. The eagles soared,
coyotes roamed, tigers stalked,
and I praised God for the rainbow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog