When Time Runs Out

Do you ever feel like there are not enough hours in the day to do all you want or need to do?  We want to get all our work done, pray, exercise, visit sick friends, answer letters, get enough sleep, eat nutritional (not fast) food, clean out our closets, and the list goes on. What to do? Prioritize. Put most important things first and then do what you can about the rest. Breathe deeply, relax, and remember God didn't create the world in one day. I thought when I retired that I would have all the time in the world. Actually the days fill up with a myriad of small jobs, reading, visiting, exercising, and writing. But I am grateful that I can still contribute, still have enough energy to be out and about instead of sick in bed. I ask God to help me do what needs to be done and to be patient with myself when I run out of time. I also try to ask for help from others when I can't do it all myself. It's a blow to my pride and keeps me humble. Above all, make time for prayer. It puts things in perspective and prevents exhaustion.

Mother Teresa
“Never be so busy as not to think of others.”
― Mother TeresaThe Joy in Loving: A Guide to Daily Living

Comments

Popular posts from this blog